Barrowland Ballet, are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with their upcoming production The River. The River, an official Festival 2014 event is a large-scale, site-specific dance production. This is the story of flow and memories told through dance, live music and song. The 150 strong cast take you on an emotional journey, the excitement of starting a new live, tinged with the pain of goodbyes. Just as a river replenishes itself, so does the culture of the city built alongside it. The River celebrates the creation of this transient and vibrant environment.
Performed along the riverbanks this will be a fun and exciting opportunity to work alongside one of Glasgow’s most successful contemporary dance companies, on a vibrant site specific piece that incorporates its city environment into the narrative that it weaves. This is an official Festival 2014 event and part of the cultural programme for the Commonwealth Games. Volunteers will need to be responsible, hard-working and committed to their roles. All volunteers must possess good interpersonal skills, function well as part of team and be sensitive to the performance environment.
There are a variety of volunteer positions available
– One box office volunteer to assist staff from the Tron theatre
– Eight performance sensitive volunteers; some will ensure that that the dancers are in place as the audience moves along the river side, and some will accompany and guide audience groups along their journey.
– Two volunteers to manage the physical route, liaising with members of the public.
– One volunteer to work with the athletes who will appear as part of the finale.
If you are interested in one of our volunteering positions please email Alice the production administrator at email@example.com with a small paragraph about why you are interested in working on this project, a short biography including any skills or experience you have that would be relevant. Briefings will be held prior to the event but you must be available on the following days:
- Saturday 19 July from 10am-5pm
- Sunday 20 July dress rehearsal 10am -1:30pm
- Sunday 20 July performance 4pm-7pm
- Monday 21 July performance 10am -1:30pm and performance 4pm-7pm
The deadline for applicants is 5pm 26th May 2014.